Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Honey DIPA Re-Do

Well I decided I needed to re-do the honey DIPA i did a month or so ago because the hops didnt quite mingle. It was tastin good in the beggining but the hop profile was just not working. Here is the recipe:

Type: All Grain
OG: 1.089
Batch Size: 5.5gal

14lbs Two-Row (73.68%)
2lbs Honey Malt (10.03%)
2lbs Honey (10.03%)
1lb Cara-Foam (5.26%)

1oz Cascade First Wort Hop
1oz Summett @60min
1oz Centennial @20min
1oz Cascade @20 min
1oz Cascade @5min
1oz Summett @5min
1oz Centennial @5min

2oz Summett & Cascade Dry Hop

Mash @ 154F
Sparge@ 170F

I mashed High because of 2 reasons. 1, there is 2 lbs of honey to dry it out and honey malt is pretty sweet. 2, I used Wyeast Imperial Blend from the last private collection that is suppose to give 80%+ attenuation so I wanted some maltiness present. We will see how it turnes out but I know hops are going to be awesome. Lots of grapefruit/pineyness and then great tangerene from the Summett. Its gunna be tasty.

No comments: