Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pale Ale Critique

Review of the Oaked Pale Ale I made 12 days ago. Never posted a recipe but I'll get to that later:





Pours a very nice amber color. Very clear for a dryhopped Oaked brew that I didn't filter. Thin white head and nice lacing.

Aroma is awesome. Tons of citrus and green hops. Could probably wait a bit longer to get rid of that green aroma but it smells awesome regardless. Could use more oak aroma.

Taste is very similar. Very nice citrus hop flavor, nice malt with a slight touch of sweetness and a nice hop bite. It could use more oak because if I didn't know it was there I don't know if I would pick it out. Tastes slightly green but it's so tasty I don't know if it matters.

Mouthfeel is that nice smooth pale ale feel like a Sierra Nevada. Could use a bit more carb so a couple more days of that would be good.

Overall this is actually one of the best pale ales I've ever had. Let alone brewed myself. Pretty proud of this beer. Brew it up yourself when I post the recipe. It's a good one. Next time I brew it I think I would only add more oak to give it more oakyness. Maybe give it a bit more time to get rid of some of the green. But it's very good for only 12 days old. Gunna brew up a 10 gal next week because this is gunna be gone quick.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: