Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mango and American Hefeweizen

Brewed up a batch today. I've been really in to it lately. Been just thinking of ideas and have really been into learning everything about beer. Any way on to the recipe:

10 Gal Batch
Batch Sparge
Mash in @ 153 (target was 152)

12 Lbs 2 Row
12 Lbs Wheat Malt

1 oz Cascade @ 60min
2 oz Cascade @ 10min

WLP 320 American Hefe Yeast

5 gallons is going to be racked on some mango to make a mango hefe and the other 5 is just going to be straight up hefe

I broke my march pump today. Broke the threads right off. I was sooo pissed. But I found out I can replace the housing for $30. So not that bad. Had a bit of a stuck sparge but not that bad. Just slow. So not a bad brew day if you don't count the pump. I'm actually going to brew tomorrow with my roommate. Gunna do a pale ale. Straight forward. I'll post again tomorrow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: